As well as being an adoptee myself I am also the 51 year old late blooming mother of a beautiful, much wanted and hoped for adopted three year old son. Adopting my son was the conclusion of a long, deeply meaningful and epic journey and a new beginning. Finally becoming a mother has brought me complete untold joy.

Whilst I have blossomed into this new journey of motherhood, I have also faced another ending and a new beginning, that of passing through menopause, the end of fertility and entering into a new stage of my life. My blog therefore is really not just about being a late-blooming mama but what it means to be a woman blossoming into my ‘wise woman’ years. Learning for myself how to embrace it not as a time of fear and endings but of truly coming into the full ripeness of myself as a woman.

With my professional background in Aromatherapy, Natural Skin Care, Health and Holistic Therapies and with my own superficial fears of looking like ‘grandma’ at the school gates (!), I want to explore and ultimately celebrate a more positive vision of timeless, naturally glowing, radiant late- blooming beauty, which has less to do with the wrinkles on your face and more to do with a twinkle in your eye! Also to explore how I can achieve the boundless energy and shining health I will need to enjoy every moment of my son growing up, live as long and as I can as an older mother and achieve other dreams I have for myself moving forward.

Most important though my aim is to inspire myself and other wonderful late-blooming women (of which there are many) to look positively at this next stage of our lives and see it as a time of blossoming into our most vibrant, beautiful, creative, authentic, 'wise woman' selves.




Thursday 30 May 2013

HELLO AND WELCOME TO A NEW BEGINNING FOR BLOSSOMING AND FOR ME!

My Portrait by Leila Fanner (Artist)
For any of you that stumble upon me here, BLOSSOMING is being taken on a new exciting journey!

When I first started BLOSSOMING over a year ago, it was with the idea of creating an inspiring blog for all woman transiting through the perimenopause and beyond. Blossoming into their most vibrantly beautiful, creative, authentic, 'wise woman' selves. Also with my background in health and well being, I was exploring a new vision of late-blooming beauty. An ageless, glowing, natural beauty that comes from radiant good health. 

Beauty that is also more about the wise, intelligent twinkle in the eye than a meaningless line or two upon the face!

 I still want that essence of BLOSSOMING to remain but this time within the story of my own personal journey into becoming a late-blooming mother at the ripened age of 48! This last few years has presented me with the challenge of infertility, earlier menopause and trying to come to terms with all that meant in how I perceived myself as a woman. I can't lie, it hasn't been easy and there have been quite a few tears, some heart break and  learning the important lesson about bravely releasing and letting go. However, I feel I have come out the other side with renewed hope, anticipation, passion and  my world is now opening up to so many new possibilities. I am so excited about all the new challenges and lessons I have ahead of me and the blossoming yet to come!

Becoming a mother was always my dearest held hope and as my life has journeyed forth and taken its twists and turns, I always held onto the hope that one day that dream would come true. Hopefully in just a few months I will hold my child in my arms. The dear soul who was destined to share the lives of my partner and I. I really believe getting to this amazing moment in my life has truly been my soul challenge and quest in this lifetime. From being an adopted child myself at six weeks old, until this present day, when I am finally on the cusp of becoming a mother. All this I hope to pour into my blog as I journey onto this next wonderful stage of my life. If it helps anyone else that would be amazing but if its just for me to chronicle my journey and learn all I can from the experience then that's beautiful too.

I will start my diary from next week but just to briefly update. My partner and I have just completed the home study part of the adoption process and our large adoption file has been completed. We go to panel on July 16th and it is there when it is finally agreed as to whether we are suitable parents. Our adoption social worker is very positive and has already handed us some profiles of potential babies that might be matches for us. This has proved to be very emotional for me as an adopted child myself and I will talk about that in my next post.

Please forgive my stumbling start but I hope soon to get into my flow.

On a final note to all you other late-blooming, wise woman out there, whether you are hoping for the gift of late motherhood like myself or you have other dreams and hopes for yourself. Don't hold yourselves back or limit yourselves or feel that the best is behind you.Know you are truly blossoming now into your most creative, powerful, wise beautiful selves, so set yourself free and live a life filled with new possibilities, dreams and new beginnings.

Much love to you and speak very soon.
Samantha xxx





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful beginning! What an exciting journey, Sam. Im looking forward to following your experience this way ....Lots of love and strength for the days to come xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam we have been away for nearly two months now (Hebrides and North Scotland) so haven't always been able to keep up with our friends' lives as much as we should. Hoping all goes well for you and Steve on July 16th and that baby will soon be with you both. You deserve it and will make wonderful parents. Lots of love Val & Pete xx

    ReplyDelete